Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ice Cream Truck!

"Ice Cream Truck!"    5" x 7"   Oil on Gessobord
You remember, you can hear that Ice Cream Truck coming from blocks away. I came upon this jumble of bicycles, skateboards, etc. with no kids in site. Walked around the corner and there he was, the Ice Cream Man surrounded by kids.

This was quite a challenge for me.  All those ellipses and angles.  Complicated scene but trying to simplify as much as I could manage.  For a first, I'm pretty happy with it.  I'll
definitely look for some similar designs to keep working it.  

This one was in the studio, I want to be able to feel comfortable painting something like this from life.  Maybe working from still lifes in the studio would bring me closer to painting a scene like this from life outside....

No comments:

Post a Comment