Monday, February 15, 2016

Got to get my rear in gear!

"Edge of Ken Caryl"  

http://www.dailypaintworks.com/buy/auction/507540
9" x 12"  Oil on Gessobord

One of my goals this year is to participate for the first time a plein air event.  The guild I belong to,
Littleton Fine Art Guild,will be hosting their 2nd annual event June 2nd and 3rd.  I'm on the planning committee and will be putting myself out there.  Yeeks!

With a new puppy last year I didn't spend any time painting outside.  Over protective mom for sure, I just couldn't bring myself to leave her by herself for more than a couple of hours.  Finally I've got myself weaned to leaving her for 5 or 6 hrs.  Enough time to actually drive a short while and paint a couple of hours.

So, this week with the awesome warm weather I've been able to paint several days and I think I can get in at least another few days before the end of the month.  I'm focusing on working several days a week outside.  I'll do it out of the car if I have to.  I've just got to work on making faster decisions and painting more quickly.

When I remember :) I will take progress shots.  I get so caught up it's easy to forget. 

The view:







No comments:

Post a Comment