Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Leather and Lace

"Leather and Lace"   8" x 8"  Oil on Oil Primed Linen Board 



I joined the Littleton Fine Arts Guild last month.  A great group of artist, a fulltime brick and mortar gallery and lots of activities, etc.  On Mondays,  Jennifer Riefenberg teaches an oil painting class.  I attended this past Mon.  We worked on the sightsize method.
 
A first for me and I found it kind of tough.  Patience definitely needed with this method.  Jennifer had a few still lifes set up.  I chose a set up with red heels, black lace draped over them.  The lighting was not the best as is was just the overhead lights, thus the shadows are all over the place. Still, I was happy with the end result.

Here’s an article about the sightsize method:  www.sightsize.com

Looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment